Essay (motivation letter)
All applicants are expected to submit a motivation letter (approximately 6000 characters with spaces) which is written in English and based on the following points:
- give an overview of your objectives and motives to study Innovation and Technology Management at the University of Tartu;
- show the linkages of previous (academic and/or work experience) activities with Innovation and Technology Management;
- describe ideas for your potential master thesis, e.g. define a research problem, discuss how to solve and explore the research problem etc);
- describe the skills that you have obtained in statistics, econometrics or quantitative analysis techniques in general;
- provide details on how your various capabilities enable you to successfully complete the studies in Innovation and Technology Management and advance in your career;
- other aspects of curriculum choice (e.g. why you have chosen to apply to the University of Tartu).
Note that the motivation letter must be submitted with your application package by 15 March 2018 at the latest.
- reasons for studying in the Innovation and Technology Management programme and linkages between earlier studies and/or work experience with the programme (max 40 points);
- ideas for potential master thesis (defined a research problem, discussion on how to solve and explore the research problem) (max 40 points);
- comprehensive description of the capabilities (previous studies and work experience) enabling the study of Innovation and Technology Management (max 20 points).
The structure of the motivation letter, analytical skills and language skills will be assessed throughout by default.