Call for contributions to an International Science Exploration Event 2019 Seminar
“Supporting entrepreneurship by local authorities in Poland, Slovak Republic and Estonia.
Entrepreneurship in a regional perspective. Function of institutions, innovation, history and LGUs support.
7th-8th of November, 2019 in Rzeszow, Poland
Entrepreneurship has multiple determinants. They range from history, through institutions, to local government policies. Although the research on entrepreneurship plays a crucial role in modern economy and finance, the factors responsible for new businesses formation are still under debate. The background for this discussion very often is created by features describing the historical experiences and unique local and regional conditions. Moreover, the role of local government policies in entrepreneurship support is still not sufficiently recognized. Therefore, there is still scope for analysing entrepreneurship form regional perspective, especially in post-communist countries. We look for contributions that investigate how local government policies, history and institutions shaping entrepreneurial activity in the region of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), with special emphasis on Poland, Slovak Republic and Estonia.
Examples of more specific research questions are:
- How history, institutions, and innovations determine entrepreneurship in CEE?
- What are the differences in tools available for local government in process of entrepreneurship supporting across CEE?
- Which policies for entrepreneurship support provided by local government are the most successful?
- What are the regional cultural traits, values and traditions conducive to innovation and entrepreneurship?
- What is the role of migration (both regional and cross-countries) in the persistence of innovation and entrepreneurship?
- What is the role of regional corruption and more generally quality of government as a crucial factor in entrepreneurship and innovation in CEE?
- What is different about innovation and entrepreneurship performance of regions after institutional shocks, including the end of the Soviet-type regime, and other historical disruptions in general? Is there the effect of the (still longer) historical knowledge base on entrepreneurship?
- What determines the level of persistence of entrepreneurial activities over longer periods of time? How can persistence of entrepreneurship be explained?
The seminar links with paper submission opportunities
- to academic journals listed below;
- more specifically to a special issue of Post-Communist Economies;
- to an edited volume (with special focus on entrepreneurship support by local government units in Poland, Slovakia and Estonia).
Ekonomický časopis/Journal of Economics
South East European Journal of Economics and Business
Journal of Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies
Territory, Politics, Governance
Spatial Economic Analysis
Baltic Journal of European Studies
Extended abstracts of 2-3 pages or full papers should be sent to the organizers until September 9, 2019. Decisions upon acceptance for the workshop in Rzeszow will be made until September 20, 2019. Submissions should be sent to:
Tomasz Skica tskica [ät] wsiz.rzeszow.pl
Authors may suggest the title of the journal / edited volume to which they would like to submit their paper.
Each paper will undergo a review process according to the procedure implemented by each of the journals.
This seminar follows a series of earlier successful international events centred on entrepreurship, with a strong aspect of regional perspective present, hosted by University of Information Technology and Management (UITM) in Rzeszów, Poland and The Institute for Financial Research and Analyses in Rzeszów, Poland. UITM is conveniently located short distance from the international airport, which has daily connections with London, Munich, and Warsaw, and few days a week with other European and US cities and Israel, with some of the budget airlines flying to Rzeszów. The city is located on the foothills of the Carpathian mountains.
The contest for ISEE participants
ISEE participants have the opportunity to participate in contest in which the prize is a professional proofreading of three scientific articles. Detailed information about the contest can be found here.
University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszów
ul. H. Sucharskiego 2
35-225 Rzeszów, Poland
To cover organisation of the workshop and meals, the participants will be charged 50 Euros.
Authors may pay the seminar fee, after the abstract is accepted.
The dead line for making payments is September 30, 2019
The seminar fees should be paid to the following bank account:
For payments in zlotys
PL86 1240 2614 1111 0000 3963 3628
For payments in euro
Account Name Wyższa Szkoła Informatyki i Zarządzania, 35-225 Rzeszów, ul. Sucharskiego 2
Account Number 43 124 026 141 978 000 000 000 000
IBAN PL43 1240 2614 1978 0010 0355 9689
Bank Name Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A.
Bank Adress 00-950 Warszawa, ul. Grzybowska 53/57, skrytka pocztowa 1008
Kod SWIFT/BIC PKOPPLPW
Title of payment: ISEE 2019 + full name of participant
Please attached information whether the VAT invoice is needed
The team of the Institute for Financial Research and Analyzes
The project „International Science Exploration Event 2019” has received funding from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education under the contract 532/P-DUN/2019 by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education allocated to the activities of disseminating science.